Wigs!...The world's finest wig salon is now online
with attractive discounts on name brand wigs. Click to enter.
WigSalon offers a wide selection of designer wigs and hairpieces at attractive
discounts with prompt global delivery. We also offer pro wig salon advice on wig care, wig styling and wig selection all
from an easy-to-navigate user-friendly site.
- Fill your sink basin with cool water.
- Add a capful of synthetic wig shampoo and blend
in. Never use regular shampoo on synthetic wigs! If the wig has picked up the odor of smoke or other strong odors, you
may add a teaspoon of baking soda to your basin, and blend in.
- Gently swish the wig or piece in the
water for about 30 seconds to a minute until the wig is saturated.
Gently scrub the front of the wig cap, where it meets
the forehead until clean.
- Leave the wig soak in the wig basin for about 15 minutes
- Empty the wig basin of water
and rinse the wig or piece in cool water. It is very important to use cool water on curly wigs, as
warm water will over-relax the curls of wigs.
- Gently squeeze excess water oout of wig. Do not rub or twist your wig.
- Spread the wig out on a thirsty towel and leave in a ventilated area to dry overnight.
You should spray on a little
leave-on wig conditioner, when you start the drying process.
- When the wig is entirely dry, and not before, re-style the wig gently. We recommend a wig pick and not a brush or wig brush. Shaking and fluffing by hand is your best
starting point for wig styling. We offer good quality wig shampoo and conditioner
for our customers. Do not use regular shampoo. It is too strong even for human hair wigs.
Human Hair Wigs
- Follow the same first seven steps as above using lukewarm water instead of cool, and
the manufacturer's prescribed wig shampoo and conditioner for your human hair wig.
- Wigs may be set in
rollers if desired and placed under a dryer or left overnight to dry at your disgresssion.
A hot curling iron may be used on human hair wigs. We offer human hair wig conditioner and shampoo for our customers.
How often should my wig be washed and styled?
Wash your piece as little as possible. Think of it like a fine cashmere sweater. Picking up
odors and "hat" stains on the cap at the forehead, are reasons to consider giving your wig a bath.
Depending on the wig's environment, this will vary from every 12 wearings to every 25. Use your
eyes and nose to determine this. But as you can see, you wash your wig very rarely. If you
wear a wig every day, it's a good idea to have a back-up wig, so you won't be "wig less" for
You mini-style your wig every time you wear it, but with your fingers and a wig pick and very gently,
If knots have accumulated at the ends a straight or slightly wavy wig, pick apart the knots by
starting near the end of the hair and working your way back to the top, using a little spray-on
leave-on wig conditioner/de-tangler as you do.(We offer this product:email us)
Can I use a blow drier or curling iron on my wig?
- Synthetic wigs =No blow drier!! Exessive heat will melt or frizz the plastic in
your wig's Kanikelon fibers. Don't even think about it.
- Some recommend a lukewarm curling iron for re-setting the curls in a curly wig. Here
is a better method.
- Pin the wig or piece to a styrofoam head or "block" so you can work on it.
- Select rollers of the proper size to re-set your wig's curls. Wire mesh rollers are best.
- Wet the entire wig with lukewarm water and set the curls. Use perm papers, which you
can get at a beauty supply house or wig salon, to protect the ends of the wig hair. Use plenty of rollers
with a little hair in each for best curly wig results.
- Take the pinned up wig to the sink basin. If you have a spray nozzle at your basin
it is best to "spray" the hottest tap water on each set curl for about 3-4 seconds. This process,
relaxes the wig hair without damaging the wig like a curling iron.
- When you are done relaxing all the wig's curls, immediately spray each curl, in approximately
the same order as you "relaxed" them with icy cold tap water. You can also use a mist bottle,
filled with some ice and water. This "freezes" the wig's curl into a new semi-permanent curl pattern.
- Allow your wig hair to air dry overnight, and when dry, take down the rollers. Now you've
re-set your wig's curls the most professional way possible. In the "old days" we used to do these services
for our wig customers, for a charge. Today's wigs are so easy to care for that we recommend the above
these procedures for home care. It saves money, mailing charges, and this is exactly what we
would do with your wig anyway.